Reset/wipe ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME170C/ME172v, get Recovery mode and fix boot problem
The ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is not like most of Android devices, the system/Kernel comes with no embedded recovery mode inside so you can't enter the recovery using just vol button and power, we must boot to an sd-card containing the recovery script, tested with the ME170C, ME172v models
No here is what you need:
- SD card.
- Download this recovery file.
- Charge your ASUS MeMO Pad 7 and backup your files.
- First thing backup your data (all the data on the tablet will be erased).
- Extract and copy the files to the sd card.
- Now shutdown your ASUS MeMO Pad 7 and put the sd-card.
- power on and wait.
- You'll get a blue screen like this:
- Select "Clear user data" using vol button and confirm using power button.
- Now wait, when it finish, remove the sd-card and reboot the device.
That's it ! Your ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is now wiped and restored to the factory state.
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !
Reset/wipe ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME170C/ME172v, get Recovery mode and fix boot problem Reviewed by Maherr Live on Tuesday, December 09, 2014 Rating: