How to restore lost inaccessible files after CM10 Android 4.2 upgrade Galaxy S3
On my case, I was on official Android ROM and after I installed CM10.1 Android 4.2 costume ROM, all my files are inaccessible, with a used space and unknown files, even with root explorer and similar file manager app, didn't help, the show hidden files also doesn't help to restore and access my old ROM files, tried to clean cache, clear dalvik cache, clean media, reset but nothing help, the cause of this is that the CM ROMs create an emulated storage and you can notice that "0" folder on the storage root, so its override by the Kernel and you cannot access the real storage under the OS, so finally I found the solution to get back my files is to install a costume ROM that based on the official Sasmsung ROM to use no emulation storage, no advanced Android knowledge required.
- First keep in mind that this will remove all your application and settings.
- Download this ROM and copy to your Smartphone storage.
- Now reboot to the recovery menu using power+home+vol.up
- And select install zip from sdcard and select the ROM.
- Once it finish reboot your Galaxy.
- Now you can access all your files by simply plug the USB cable.
And in the future always backup your data before flashing any ROM :)
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !
How to restore lost inaccessible files after CM10 Android 4.2 upgrade Galaxy S3 Reviewed by Maherr Live on Thursday, May 23, 2013 Rating: