How to Install Windows 7 on ASUS X200M netbook (Tested!)
So to install Windows 7 on the ASUS X200M, you need:
- A Flash disk.
- Check and recheck your full ASUS notebook reference, the BIOS update file on this post is just for the ASUS X200M series.
- Download the latest BIOS Update file for your ASUS X200M from this Official page.
- Charge your ASUS notebook more than 20%, and keep it plugged.
So to get rig of the BIOS UEFI system which only support Windows 8.X, we must update the BIOS to the latest, lets start flashing:
Note: "BIOS updating is very simple and very dangerous, so don't do this if don't know what you are doing!"
- Plug your flash disk into a working computer and format it into FAT or FAT32.
- Now extract the downloaded BIOS update, you must find a file like "X200MAAS.501", copy that file into the flash disk.
- Now shut down your ASUS laptop then plug the flash disk into a black USB 2.0 port, then boot into BIOS using F2 button.
- Go to "Advanced" tab and select "Start Easy Flash".
- Now a new window will open, select the X200MAAS.501 from your flash disk and hit enter (check picture).
- Now wait for a minute or two and DON'T SHUTDOWN THE LAPTOP!
- When finish, the notebook will shutdown, power it and enter the BIOS with F2 then go to "Advanced".
- You'll notice a new option named "OS selection", select Windows 7 instead of Windows 8.X.
That's it now you can boot into Windows 7 using USB disk or external DVD drive then install it with no problems, if don't know how to make a Windows 7 USB flash disk, check our Tutorial.
Also, we're here to help if you have any problems.
If you want to thank us, Share/Like this with your friends !
How to Install Windows 7 on ASUS X200M netbook (Tested!) Reviewed by Maherr Live on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 Rating: