How to change android physical buttons (On Galaxy, LG, HTC ...) get system write access
In my case I want to change my Galaxy S4 buttons layout to the default S4 standard layout with menu button and long press home for recent app.
So to change the keys, you need some tools:
- First thing first your android must be rooted, if not search google or our blog for the root process.
- Now Install an app named "Total Commander" from Play store.
- Using Total Commander navigate to this path "system/usr/keylayout/"
- Now edit the Generic.kl file using the Total Commander editor.
- Backup the Generic.kl for security propose !
- Here on this file you can see all keys layout for your smartphone for Samsung galaxy to change menu button back to standard search for key 254 and change APP_SWITCH to MENU, the key 217 is for gome long press, you can change it to SEARCH.
- Now press save and the Total Commander will ask to unmount system to make it read/write, confirm that.
- Now reboot your smartphone to check changes.
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !
How to change android physical buttons (On Galaxy, LG, HTC ...) get system write access Reviewed by Maherr Live on Thursday, May 21, 2015 Rating: