On this new tutorial I will learn you guys how to install the latest Google OS Android 4.0.3 ICS on the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 version (this tutorial is only for i9100, waiting for the i9100G soon), this how to tutorial is easy to follow, so just open your eyes at every step.
Note: Installing new ROM or rooting your smartphone will void your warranty and GuruHT is not responsible for any damage for your smartphone, just follow the steps, and if you don't know what your going to do, just stop here.
Now for the process you'll need some tools for the work, first thing is to download all needed files and ROM for the process:
- Download Odin over here.
- Download the PIT file for the Samsung Galaxy s2 i9100G from here.
- Download Google Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM over HERE, select your country.
- Download Samsung Kies over HERE, install it on your PC and don't run it.
Flashing the PIT file:
- First of all make sure that your phone is charged.
- Ok now open Odin and select the PIT file you've just downloaded with the PIT button, now check the Re-Partions option to clean any bad ROM part.
- Connect your phone to the computer and make sure that all drivers are OK.
- Now hit Start and wait, if everything pass, close Odin.
Note: if the process freeze at the "<ID:0/014> Initialzation.." step (like what happened to me) just power down the Galaxy S2, remove the battery, close Odin and start again.
After that, you are good to start flashing the new ROM to your Galaxy S2 i9100 .
- Using the same software Odin browse the downloaded ROM using PDA button, don't check the Re-Partions option this time.
- Now double-check if everything is fine (ROM file selected using PDA, auto reboot checked, F. Reset time checked and Re-Partions not) now say some prayers and hit START !
- The process should start right away and it will take about 5 to 10 minute.
- That's it when it finish your phone will restart automatically and boot to your new Android OS.
Note: for those who get the "Unknown Device" under windows, just try these tricks:
- Update Kies.
- Uninstall Kies and not the Driver.
- Restart the PC.
- Try different USB ports.
- Try to removing the battery.
Now your Galaxy S2 i9100 is using the latest OS, if all of the above doesn't help, just keep removing the battery, powering the phone, trying to disable and uninstall the "Unknown Device" on the device manager many times, for me that fixed the problem and it should work for you too.
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !