Here it is guys the big G is now going ice cream, finally after a long waiting Samsung leaked the official ROM of the Google Android 4.0.3 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100G, the official ROM leaked on France "I9100GXEFLPN", India "I9100GODDLP7", Vietnam "I9100GOLBLP6"and Malaysia "I9100GOLBLP6", and now i9100G users can upgrade their Galaxy S2 to the latest official Android operating system from Samsung.
So as soon as the ROM leaked I managed to write this article showing a step by step how to install this ROM with the easiest way, on this process will use Odin software method, so lets start.
- First thing the battery must be 80% full for safety.
- This update may erase all or some of your data so make a backup of your current data.
- To install the device driver you need to download and install Samsung Kies if you dont have it over here.
- Now download Odin from here, and download ICS ROM from Sammobile (you need to be registered) or download the French ROM version directly from this link, you can chose another country over here.
- Note: Thought these ROM is for French, it will work fine but it's not guarantied, if you don't know what you are doing just wait for your country based ROM.
- Ok, Now lets start the update, first check Debugging mode on your phone : Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
- Turn off your i9100G and turn it on into download mode by holding VolumeDown+Home+Power button, you will see a download mode logo.
- Now connect your smartphone into your computer, wait if any driver to install, then Start ODIN .
- ODIN screen must show that a device is now connected if everything is OK.
- Now click on PDA button and select the ICS ROM you've downloaded.
- Say some prayers and hit Start.
- Odin will start flashing your ROM with the latest ICS OS, then your Galaxy S2 will restart with the latest Android version available now.
Thats everything, if you face any problem please leave a comment bellow and I will try my best to help you.
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !