Today Microsoft announce that Windows 8 RTM stage is achieved, that mean that Windows 8 OS is already completed the product development and testing of the product and have started handing off the final code to our OEM partners and they take the signal from Microsoft to start building product with Windows 8 ready feature.
Microsoft's Steven Sinofsky asked when Windows 8 RTM version will be available for public download and the price for the product, in addition to upgrade policy and price from Windows7, and he answer:
"People will be able get Windows 8 starting on October 26th either by upgrading for $39.99 or on a new PC or device. And if you buy an eligible Windows 7 PC today, you will be able to purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 (U.S.) through the Windows Upgrade Offer. "
However, we have a number of programs that provides various audiences early access to the Windows 8 RTM code to help prepare for Windows 8 as it enters the marketplace this fall:
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
|Windows 8 logo|
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !