AMD just unveiled the mobile edition of the new 28nm based GPUs for mobile platforms, code named "Pitcairn", the new series promise a new generation of low power consumption and more performance gain compared with the Radeon HD 6900M series.
The line include the HD 7970M which is very close to the HD 7870 specs (so may be you can except a slight lower performance results than the HD 7870 desktop edition), with 1280 GCN stream processors, 32ROPs and 80TMUs, the GPU interconnected with a 2GB of GDDR5 memory using an 256 bid wide bus, for the clocks, the HD 7970M core is clocked @ 850Mhz and the memory is set to 1200 MHz (4.80 GHz GDDR5 effective)
The mobile edition is spotted at the Eurocom laptop, take look bellow at more specifications form Eurocom Corporation.
AMD Radeon HD 7970M Series GPU Feature Summary:
- Process: 28nm
- 850 MHz Engine Clock
- 2GB GDDR5 Memory
- 1200 MHz Memory Clock (4.8 Gbps)
- 153.6 GB/s memory bandwidth
- 256-bit GDDR5 memory interface
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 bus interface
- 2176 GFLOPS Single Precision compute power
- 136 GFLOPS Double Precision compute power
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture o 9th generation programmable hardware tessellation unit
- DirectX 11 graphics
- OpenGL 4.2 support
o 20 Compute Units (1280 Stream Processors)
o 80 Texture Units
o 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
o 32 Color ROP Units
o 512KB L2 read/write cache
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !