How to install Windows 7 on Sony VAIO laptop with Windows 8 (Single Language problem)
First thing first you need to do some modification on the BIOS to install Windows 7, on our tutorial we'll install Windows 7 from USB stick.
Note: This will remove your original Windows 8 recovery and installed windows, so if you are like my case need to install Windows 7 for Single Language problem or you hate that Windows 8, this is just for you.
- Hard Shutdown your laptop by pressing power button for 5 seconds.
- Then power it on and hit the red "Assist" button on the top.
- Choose Start BIOS.
- Now go to "Boot" menu and select "Legacy" as Boot Mode and Enable the External Device boot, check the snapshots bellow.
- Then save changes and boot to the USB stick or DVD drive.
- When you try to install Windows 7 on your new Sony VAIO laptop you'll face a GPT boot disk error, the only solution is to delete all partitions and create a new MBR partition, so delete all partitions and click next.
That's it Windows 7 will install smoothly, and you can install the display language you want.
Now you need to get your Sony VAIO laptop driver for Windows 7, get them from here.
If you like this article, please share it on facebook, tweet it and +1 it to spread it :) !
How to install Windows 7 on Sony VAIO laptop with Windows 8 (Single Language problem) Reviewed by Maherr Live on Saturday, July 13, 2013 Rating: